Saturday, April 11, 2009

Visual Storytelling

This week, the Visual Storytelling exhibit opens at the Gallery Project in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Myself, as well as Jeremy Bastian (Cursed Pirate Girl), Katie Cook (Tricks of the Trade), Joshua Cotter, Guy Davis (B.P.R.D. and Zombies that Ate the World), David Dwonch, Matt Busch, Jay Fosgitt, Anthony Fontana (Second Life stories), Otis Frampton (Oddly Normal), Jamie Dee Galey, Jessica Hickman, Tom Hodges, Keeli McCarthy (Lot’s Daughters), Jake and Matt Minor, Jon Morris (Calamity Jon), David Petersen (Mouse Guard), Nick Sousanis, Paul Taylor (Wapsi Square), Adam Winnie (a take on Little Red Riding Hood), among others, will be displaying works that showcase our visual and sequential images as narratives. The works I will be showing are selections from my latest illustration project, Books of Wonder: Jules Verne, an exclusive with Barnes & Noble. Among the selections will be pages from my sketchbook, examples to show my process in creation and some of the original, black and white illustrations. "Visual Storytelling" runs from April 15th-May 24th, with an opening reception (that I will be attending) from 6-9pm on Friday, April 17th. Visit the Gallery Project for more information on the show, directions and hours of operation.

3 comments:

Rosemary Van Deuren said...

I saw the gallery space, it looks nice :)

mreed said...

...so wish i could attend. what a great line up. no doubt the artwork will be mind blowing.

Nathan Pride said...

I just finished the hanging tonight at the Gallery Project. I actually got to hang my own pieces. That experience was certainly educational and fun work. I'm looking forward to Friday and seeing all the pieces upclose and the turnout.